Mar 30, 2008

Spring Break '08







I've been trying to get into a mindframe to blog but it's been hard. I've been in a reading mode lately. Currently I am reading: Wicked-- The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. It is really interesting to read the Wicked Witch's viewpoint. It reminds me that there are tons of different viewpoints in the real world. Positive and negative.

We have been on Spring Break. We took the kids to Twin Falls, Idaho for a little getaway. By the second day, I was ready for a break from the break.

We went to an old fashioned soda fountain shop--built in 1925--and ordered some shakes. Hunter was sitting next to me on the stool at the counter and was very puzzled when the shake was placed before him because he couldn't reach the straw. I just observed this incident and thought it humorous until he got so frustrated, I was forced to intervene.

We also tried a new restaurant for us--it was called Gertie's Brick Oven Cookery. It had every pizza flavor/variety known to mankind. I couldn't even make this stuff up! Every few minutes the waiters would come over with a new flavor that just emerged from the oven. My personal favorite was Cheesy Ranch. They also had dessert pizzas like cinnamon bun, oreo, and mudslide. After we were through I felt like a gigantic cheesewheel rolling out to the car.

We took the kids to see Shoshone Falls which is higher than Niagara Falls. The weather was cold and windy so we didn't stay long. There were springs coming out of the sides of the canyon which had frozen. It was interesting to see some different geological formations.

Earlier in the week, we took the boys to the new neurologist in Idaho Falls. It was a welcome break from our last neurologist, aka: drill sergeant. Hunter is weaning off Lamictal, Ryder off L-Carnitine, and more EEG's in 7 weeks. He also would like Bill to be tested for allergies to gluten. (the term escapes me right now).

I saw the documentary that HBO put out recently called Autism the Musical. It was very well done. Hunter saw part of it with me and really thought those kids were funny. He can relate. They were such cute and interesting kids.

On the way home we visited with our bestest buddies: The Budge's in Burley.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures Hunter drew! Very cool. I'm looking forward to Sadie's shindig. Let me know how you want me to help!
    Wicked is good, right? I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!