Feb 8, 2008

Mercedes played the rebel this morning. She did not want to go to school because it was the annual Speech Festival. She had her speech all memorized, but I guess she felt the need to express herself. I think her nerves got the best of her.

At 9am I took Ryder to Developmental therapy, dropped him off, then met with one of the employees to go over the Quality Management stuff. Afterwards, I drove to the school to see if I could catch the boys presenting their speeches. As I passed the bathroom area, I felt a familiar spririt and turned and I saw Hunter there against the wall in tears. I guess he had a wetting accident because he felt like he couldn't leave the classroom to go to the bathroom. He was in a different classroom with a different teacher--and of course--he has a very hard time with (social) change, let alone raising his hand to ask for help.

So, here I am back at home with Hunter & Mercedes. She is now playing Cinderella and cleaning the house as punishment. She is also grounded from electronic devices, computer, and phone. And she is still happy.
I've got to go now and drop Hunter back off at school, then pick up Ryder from therapy, then back at school to see if I can catch Mason presenting. Poor kid, he's always left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!