Apr 11, 2008

Heifer Feeds and Social Needs




Tomorrow is the highly anticipated event that has been in our lives ever since Mercedes came home with a community service assignment from school. We've been preparing for this since last September. I can't wait until it's over. I think we're ready.


Hunter called home today from school complaining of stomach pain. He has had 4 BM accidents today. He cannot "feel" or "sense" when it is going to come out. I just hope he won't have any accidents tomorrow during the heifer feed.
While I'm thankful for Golden Corral to let us meet and greet at their restaurant, I have a problem with all-you-can-eat-buffets. It's just a personal preference. I'd much rather hide out in a corner booth somewhere and be catered to, than giddy up to the feeding trough and pile the provisions onto my plate. But, as my dad always says, you need to bend like a palm tree instead of crack like an oak tree in the face of a storm. I'll do my best.
All of us are pretty nervous. The social anxiety runs rampunt in these here parts. The bowels run rampunt too. I'm thankful for three bathrooms.






No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!