Jul 4, 2008

Another Bike Lesson


Today is Independence Day. We went to a parade and met up with our friends The Budges, and had a good time.


The summer is flying by.


I had a scary thing happen to me a week ago on our way to physical therapy. I was stopped at a red light, getting ready to turn right. I inched forward and turned the wheel when our van collided with 15 year old girl on a bike. It was so scary. She was fine, but the front of her bike was ruined. This experience still haunts me because I see and hear it happening over and over in my mind. And then I hear the laugh. Ryder's laugh. He was in the back of the van and started to laugh when he saw and heard her hit the van! That is so inappropriate!! I am so thankful that she was ok. Later I discovered she was riding on the wrong side of the road, and that particular spot is a really bad blind spot. So I guess we were both at fault. So scary. With the price of gas now, more people are riding bikes so this is a good lesson to be more attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!