Mar 6, 2011

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF HE'S HAVING A SEIZURE?

I went to wake Ryder up to get ready for church this morning but his eyes kept fluttering open and then rolling back up into his head. He couldn't stay awake. I realized this was a seizure so I thought I'd get the camera and document it. We've been to at least three different pediatric neurologists-and either neurologists themselves are a little on the kooky side or we just haven't found one we really like yet.


Poor Ryder. He is not responsive and he slept until 1:30pm. We woke him to give him his medication and a drink of water and to just check on him. I've never had a neurologist or doctor tell me what to do when these seizures occur. All I know is that they are complex partial seizures or "absent" seizures and they are difficult to detect. See for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!