Feb 18, 2008

Jaws

I am so frustrated with the medical community. What am I supposed to do with Ryder's stomach pains? It grates on my nerves when he constantly screams and is agitated, irritable, and he himself is frustrated. A 4 year old shouldn't have to be in pain like this.

Yesterday I noticed that he had started grinding his teeth again. He holds alot of tension in his jaw and he starts grinding. I'm used to it now, but that's a great way to have people in public comment or stare or walk away briskly. The sound is not very welcoming. He has broken so many pencils, pens, CD's, DVD's--you name it--because of this overwhelming urge to chew and bite down. He even chews up the chew toys that his therapists give him; within a day. I remember a long time ago his speech therapist told me that we hold alot of tension in our jaw, and our jaw is our strongest muscle. My finger can attest to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!