Apr 29, 2011

Payback Time




Last night dear hubby and I attended Hunter's performance at ISU's Performing Arts Center.  Hunter auditioned and was accepted last September to be a part of ISU's Children's Choir.  He loves  to sing, but he does not want anyone to hear him. He has a great little voice and I hope someday his confidence will develop.  It's been a rough year trying to get him to stay on task. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes like NT's do. When you struggle with activities of daily living, it makes everything else seem monumental, which is why I am so proud of Hunter for sticking with choir.  (I can't tell you how many times he wanted to quit due to anxiety, and how many tears were shed!)  

For me, this is payback time.  


Dear Hubby enjoyed perusing the choir program which contained different languages in song, which he thoroughly enjoyed.  In fact, I don't even think he looked up from the program.  "This is in Latin," he would say.  Then, a few minutes later, "This is in German",  followed by, "This is in French".  He was very much absorbed in the details and losing sight of the big picture.  I'm used to this by now. He's always oohing or awing or whispering. It's like I have my own personal commentary man next to me. I ignore it usually, but I am reminded of it and have to silence him when other people are bothered by it.  Ha ha.  Silence!  :)  Silencio!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!