Oct 20, 2010

GRANDMA'S SECRET RECIPE



We just got over a five day hospital stay for our 3rd kid who has severe encopresis. It took FIVE whole days to clean that guy out! He broke the record. Finally, the dr ordered a milk & molasses enema which did the trick in a matter of seconds. Who knew that in the end we would turn to our father's of old. :) Or grandma's of old, if you will.

I am going to mix my own potion and deliver it via the Anal Canal if needs be next time--to fore go the next hospital stay. :)

******************************************************************
Bill and I were asked to be on a panel entitled, "Living and Learning with Autism" at Idaho State University last night. It was an educational experience and kind of fun, if I am to be honest. There were over 95 people there including those from the satellite feeds. I was nervous, but it helps to be partially covered by a table. :) I had my answers all ready and typed and the image of the audience in their underwear really helped relieve my anxiety.

I am excited because Dr Temple Grandin will be speaking at ISU March 9th 2011. And it costs NOTHING. Mark your calendars now!

Wish I had pics to post, but nothing for now.

2 comments:

  1. That's neat that you were on a panel to discuss autism. I bet you did great. That will be so cool to see Temple Grandin! I want to read her books! I wish I could see her speak too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both were great at the Autism panel -- good job! The whole thing was so interesting and well-done.
    Sorry for your hospital experience -- poor guy!

    ReplyDelete

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!