Jun 7, 2008

MAMA BEAR RANT


We finally got Ryder's test results back. Besides having four metal objects of unknown origin in his gut, he also has some MAJOR yeast and bacteria overgrowth. No wonder he is always bloated and gassy and in pain. His belly looks like those poor kids in Africa who are suffering from malnutrition. (Normally I'd say Ethiopian, but I'm trying to be politically correct here so I don't offend anyone). The dr has started him on Flagyl and Diflucan.

I asked the dr why the pediatricians don't listen to the mothers when they are the ones that do all of the research and know their kid's tummies. He said, "I get that all of the time from parents". I think that doctors everywhere need to be schooled and updated in Autism research and protocol. At least they need to humor the parents and pretend they are listening instead of saying, "Don't expect Ryder to be as bright as other children". I thought the hypocratic oath was "...first do no harm...." What about harming from a psychological viewpoint? To tell a child/parent that their kid is not bright is mean. What a Meanie.

Sometimes I feel like a Mama Bear. I only wish I could hybernate and live off stored body fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!