Mar 29, 2011



Living with three boys and a husband who all think differently makes you realize you are the odd one out.  Sometimes I get so frustrated that I envision myself banging my head against the wall or tearing my hair out.  As soon as that thought occupies my mind, I realize that yes, I have officially become one of them.  Imagine how the person living with Autism feels as they try to navigate the unpredictable world around them.
  That is enough for now.  I get all wrapped up in the complexities of Autism sometimes just trying to understand.  Me--the supposed neurotypical.  I get so tired of living among Autism, breathing Autism, talking about Autism, battling Autism and it's nuances that it is so much easier to just join in. Ok.  Let's all be geeks together.  Let's all talk in made up languages at the dinner table.  Lets all discuss how if J.R.R. Tolkien were still alive he should run for president.  Let's rewind old episodes of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis and watch them over and over.  Lets review the facts of each of the 50 United States and see who can remember which state has the population of 4,324,587.  


It is really hard to find the balance on a daily basis.  You either fight it, or you give in.  It has been six years now with the hardest yet to come. Well, enough of that.  Back to determining if the Mayan calendar really does end in December, thus the end of the world is at hand.  We'll see. 


Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!