Aug 8, 2010

IT IS WHAT IT IS...

Four weeks left until school starts. Then the fun really begins. I need to amend Ryder's IEP, that is the first item on the agenda. I wish our area had more choices when it comes to schooling for kids like Ryder. 2nd Item on the agenda is meeting with the special ed teachers in each school, and making sure we are all on the same page. 3rd item, making sure the lunch ladies are in compliance with Ryder's gluten and casein free menu...then I need to decide if Ryder will be riding the bus, or will I be transporting him everywhere. So many decisions. I just want to make wise decisions.

Ryder is definitely understanding us more and doing more sign language more often. He is doing better at self feeding too. It's been wonderful.

Today during Sacrament meeting in church, when all is quiet, Ryder farts long and hard on a metal chair. We sit in the very back of the church, but it was so quiet today you could hear a pin drop. And then he laughs and he laughs hard.

I just don't get embarrassed anymore. That's what Autism has taught me. It is what it is. I guess that's why people don't sit by us very often!

2 comments:

  1. Well pooh on those other people. We don't sit by anyone else either--we're clear in the front row on the right, but it's just because it's not near anyone (germs) and we can turn Dakin's wheelchair to face us.

    What a busy time you have coming up!! I hope all goes well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

BEING GREEN

THE CUT-OUT KID STRIKES AGAIN!

Ernie and Oscar learn they like different things-great for kids on the Spectrum!